1. Offshore accounting services, especially to India, are becoming an increasingly attractive option for many U.S. companies. This shift has led to huge startup and communication costs, and the employment situation is further affected by general downsizing of corporations, as well as an increase in productivity. Are the exports of white-collar jobs to India necessarily a loss for the United States?
2. What is the difference between Rybczynski and the Stolper-Samuelson theorem.
3. What is the difference between Ricardian and Specific Factor model.
4. What is it that North-South trade in manufactures seems to be consistent with the results or expectations generated by the factor-proportions (H-O) theory of international trade, whereas North-North trade is not? Include the types of trade involved.
5. Why the evidence from the East Asia New Industrializing Countries suggests that as international productivities converge, so do international wage levels? What do you think is likely to happen to the relative wages (relative to those in the US) of China in the coming decade? Explain your reasoning based on the Ricardian Model.
6. Discuss the framework of the Specific Factors model in analyzing the distributional effects of international labour migration.