Answer the following questions briefly.
1. How is point spatial data different from nonspatial data?
2. How is point data different from region data?
3. Describe three common kinds of spatial queries.
4. Why are nearest neighbor queries important in multimedia applications?
5. How is a B+ tree index different from a spatial index? When would you use a B+ tree index over a spatial index for point data? When would you use a spatial index over a B+ tree index for point data?
6. What is the relationship between Z-ordering and Region Quad trees?
7. Compare Z-ordering and Hilbert curves as techniques to cluster spatial data.