For this assignment, you are required to locate, read, and critique an article on either automated license plate recognition systems or one of several digital forensic investigative processes or models mentioned in the lecture. Then, assess the pros and cons of ALRs or a digital forensic investigative process or model.
The first major element of this assignment is, of course, the selection of a topic that is appropriate for the course or the audience. Next, you should identify the premise(s) of your argument in support of the article or refuting what the article purports. The next step is to apply a proper analysis, which is predicated upon some knowledge of the topic, and a review of literature containing contravening arguments made by other researchers or experts. This is followed by putting forth your critical evaluation of the premise(s) of the article under review and supporting your position supported by the literature. Some of the questions you could ask include the list below.
- What biographical data about the author of the article is important?
- What are the purpose, tone, and format of the article?
- How can the work be interpreted?
- Based upon your review of the literature, is there any information in the article that’s inaccurate or incomplete?
- In what way was the article successful, or did the author succeed in what he or she was trying to accomplish?
- How does the author fail? What did you find in your review of the literature that brings you to that conclusion?
- Are there any historical, psychological, geographical, gender, racial, cultural, religious, or sexual considerations that have an impact on the article?
The article critique must be in APA style and include:
- a title page in APA format,
- an abstract in APA format,
- content that begins on page three, and
- the APA references page(s).
This assignment is a minimum of two pages of content, not counting the title page, abstract, and references pages.
Text Moriarty, L. J. (Ed.). (2017). Criminal justice technology in the 21st century (3rd ed.). Springfield, IL: Charles C. Thomas.